- 250g unsalted butter
- 300g dark brown sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 600g rolled oats
- 411g jar of sweet mincemeat
- Lebkuchen stars to decorate
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment
- In a medium saucepan set over a medium heat combine the butter, sugar and syrup. Stir together until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the oats to a large mixing bowl and pour over the butter and sugar mixture. Stir together until everything is evenly combined.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the prepared baking pan and press into an even layer. Drop spoonfuls of sweet mincemeat evenly over the oat layer and spread out evenly leaving a small border around the edge of the flapjack.
- Add the remaining oat mixture over the mincemeat layer and level it off gently so not to upset the nice globs of jammy goodness.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden in colour. While still warm press 9 lebkuchen stars onto the top of the flapjack.
- Allow to cool completely before removing the flapjacks from the pan and slicing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Brownies and Bars
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British