- 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 250g light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large, free range eggs
- 600g plain flour
- 400g plain chocolate chips
- 8 giant marshmallows cut in half or 16 smaller marshmallows
- 16 chocolate Leibniz biscuits
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugars until light and creamy. Around 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl from time to time.
- With the mixer on low add the vanilla extract and the eggs one at a time, making sure the first egg is fully incorporated before adding the second.
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix on low until just combined. Add the plain chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Line 2 large baking trays with parchment. Place 16 Leibniz biscuits on the trays and top each biscuit with half a giant marshmallow. Roll 120g of dough into a ball and squash into a flat disc. Place each disc over the top of the marshmallow topped biscuits and envelope the DIY s’more. Don’t cover the whole thing with dough, the biscuit should be seen if you turn the cookie ball upside down. Continue until you’ve covered all of the s’mores. Cover the cookie dough balls with cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 24hrs.
- Preheat oven to 170C and line an extra baking tray with parchment. Place the chilled cookie dough balls on the prepared trays 3″ apart and bake for 18 minutes until golden and slightly crisp around the edges. You may need to bake these cookies in batches.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- These cookies are best eaten warm, if allowed to cool completely you can reheat them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: S'more, Cookies, Marshmallow, Autumn