Sky high bakery style banana and caramel muffins are loaded with delicious banana flavour and hunks of caramel
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 85g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 70g light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large, free range egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 180g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g chopped caramels
- banana chips to decorate
- caramel sauce for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 6 hole muffin tin with tulip liners.
- Peel and mash the bananas and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla and bananas and mix with a hand held mixer until combined.
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix again until just combined. Stir through the chopped caramels.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 8 muffin liners and place a few banana chips on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 22 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
- Drizzle each muffin with a little of the caramel sauce while still warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Banana, Muffin, Banoffee, Caramel, Starbucks, Copycat