These amazing No Bake Cookies are incredibly simple to make, using only a handful of store cupboard ingredients you probably already have on hand. Packed full of chocolate, peanut butter and hearty oats you’re going to want to make these cookies again and again, you don’t even have to turn on the oven.
No Bake Cookies, what a creation! It’s absolutely baking hot in the UK at the moment and the last thing any of us want to do is switch on that oven. These cookies are so quick and easy to make that your sweet tooth can be perfectly satisfied in under 30 minutes, that’s some magic right there!
These cookies are ‘cooked’ by bringing the liquid mixture to a rolling boil for 60 seconds. No more, no less. That is the key to making perfect No Bake Cookies, boil for longer and you risk dry crumbly cookie. Boil for less and you mixture wont set, although it’ll still be delicious.
Why these cookies are the best!
- They’re absolutely delicious, you won’t be able to stop at just one.
- They’re thick, fudgy and oh so chocolatey.
- They’re incredibly simple to make, you can have these cookies on the table in less than an hour.
- They’re great to make with kids, just keep them away at the boiling stage.
- No baking required, it’s too hot to turn the oven on anyway!
- It’s chocolate and peanut butter together, again! Need I say more?!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO NEED:
- Unsalted Butter – This can be fridge cold as we’re melting it, no need to prep ahead. You can use baking spread here but the cookies won’t be as tasty.
- Caster Sugar – Also known as superfine sugar.
- Cocoa Powder – Any variety will do here.
- Milk – Can be any variety of milk you like, I used dairy but go with your favourite.
- Vanilla Extract – Use the best quality you can afford, I like the vanilla bean paste.
- Smooth Peanut Butter – Use a regular peanut butter rather than the natural, low sugar varieties. You’re gonna want all the fat and sugar in this recipe. Crunchy could work too, I just prefer smooth.
- Porridge Oats – The kind you find in the cereal isle at the supermarket.
Tips for making The Best No Bake Cookies:
- Boiling – The boiling step is the most important step in making these cookies. As soon as the ingredients come to a rolling boil, start the count to 60 seconds. If you boil the mixture for too long the cookies will come out dry and crumbly, too little and the cookies won’t form correctly.
- Peanut Butter – It’s recommended you use smooth peanut butter for this recipe to keep the consistency correct but if you prefer crunchy you can use that.
- Freezing – As usual you can freeze these cookies for up to 3 months. Just place them in an airtight container in the freezer. Defrost at room temperature.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Taylor Swifts Chai Spiced Cookies
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cherry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- Biscoff Stuffed Cookies
These amazing No Bake Cookies are incredibly simple to make, using only a handful of store cupboard ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 350g caster sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- 120ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 160g smooth peanut butter
- 275g rolled oats
- Line two cookie sheets with baking parchment and set aside.
- Add the rolled oats and the peanut butter to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a heavy based saucepan add the butter, cocoa, sugar, vanilla and milk and heat until everything is melted together.
- Bring to the boil and stir for 60 seconds.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the peanut butter and oats and stir until everything is combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, drop 2tbsp worth of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, repeat until all of the batter is gone. You should get 12 large cookies.
- Allow to set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
These cookies store well in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: –
- Category: Cookies
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: No Bake, Cookies, Chocolate, Peanut Butter