For the Wings:
- 1kg chicken wings, cut in half at the joint
- 2tsp baking powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp unsalted butter
- 125ml Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1tsp clear honey
For the Blue Cheese Dip:
- 150ml sour cream
- 100ml mayonnaise
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 100g blue cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1tbsp chopped chives to garnish
For the Blue Cheese Sauce:
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, blue cheese and seasoning to a food processor and pulse until blended. Scrape the blue cheese sauce in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
For the Wings:
- Preheat the oven to 120c, line a baking tray with tin foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Dry the chicken wings with kitchen roll and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle over the baking powder and 1tsp each of salt and pepper. Mix until the wings are evenly coated in the baking powder.
- Place the coated chicken onto the prepared rack and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Increase the oven heat to 200c and bake until golden brown, turning once during cooking. This should take around 45-50 minutes.
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- While the chicken wings are cooking make the sauce. Combine the butter, hot sauce and honey in a large saucepan set over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 1/2tsp water and add the slurry to the hot sauce. Mix until the sauce has thickened slightly and set aside until your wings are ready.
- Once the wings are cooked, reheat your hot sauce and add the chicken wings. Toss to coat.
- Serve the wings with the blue cheese sauce and some celery and carrot sticks.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Buffalo Wings, Snacks