These Snickerdoodle Cookies are the perfect cookie. Soft and chewy in the middle, crispy round the edge and loaded with cinnamon sugar. You’ll want to make these cookies time and time again.
- 380g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 large free range egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 35g caster sugar
- 3tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugars together until light and creamy. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the flour to the batter and mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the 35g of caster sugar and 3tsp of cinnamon.
- Scoop out 2tbsp of dough (50g) and roll into balls. Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar until fully coated and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, you should get around 20 cookies.
- Chill the cookie balls for around 1hr or up to over night. This prevents the cookies from spreading too much in the oven
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 175C and line 2 baking sheets with grease proof paper. Place the chilled cookie balls on the baking sheets leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes until the edges seem crisp but the middles are still soft.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool. These cookies will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
You can freeze the unbaked cookie balls for up to 2 month. Simply freeze solid on a lined baking sheet before transferring to a freezer proof zip lock bag. Bake from frozen, just add 2 minutes to the baking time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cookies, Snickerdoodles, Cinnamon