For the apples:
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm chunks
- 1tbsp soft, light brown sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
For the Blondies:
- 200g plant based butter (I used Flora)
- 250g soft, light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 200g apple sauce
For the apples:
- Place the chopped apples in a large bowl with the sugar and cinnamon and mix to combine. Set aside while you make the blondies.
For the blondies:
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 8×8″ square brownie tin with baking parchment, set aside.
- In a saucepan set over a medium low flame, melt the butter. Add the sugar and vanilla paste and mix until melted and smooth.
- In the bowl of the electric mixer add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, turn the mixer on low and add the butter and sugar in a slow steady stream. Add in the apple sauce and mix until just combined.
- Fold half of the cinnamon apples through the batter and pour into the prepared tin. Spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the tin and top with the remaining apples.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until golden and risen.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing into 16 squares.
The baked blondies can be wrapped in a double layer of cling film and frozen for up to 3 months.
Use pears instead of apples for a delicious alternative.
Blondies will keep for up to 3 days stored in an airtight tin at room temperature. I wouldn’t recommend chilling these blondies as they may dry out.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Brownies and Bars
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan, Blondies, Plant based, Apple, Autumn, Apple Pie