These Mint Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Brownies are championship level brownies. A rich and gooey chocolate brownie is stuffed with a mint flavoured white chocolate fudge layer and topped with mint Aeros.
For the Mint Fudge:
- 200g condensed milk
- 200g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2tsp green food colouring
For the Brownie:
- 250g plain chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
- 250g unsalted butter
- 5 large, free range eggs
- 350g soft, light brown sugar
- 150g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 9″x9″ square tin with baking parchment. Set aside while you make the fudge and brownie batter.
- To make the mint fudge layer place the condensed milk and white chocolate in a bowl and microwave on high at 30 second increments, stirring between each blast, until the chocolate is fully melted. Add the peppermint extract and green food colour and stir to combine. Set aside while you make the brownie batter.
- To make the brownie batter add the butter and chocolate to a large, heavy bottomed pan and stir together over a low heat until fully melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly. In the bowl of an electric mixer whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture in a slow steady stream, mix until combined. Add in the flour and stir until the flour just about disappears, take care not to over mix at this point.
- Spread half of the brownie batter in the bottom of the prepared brownie pan and top with spoonfulls of the fudge. Carefully spread the fudge, as evenly as you can over the brownie batter. Top with the remaining brownie batter and cover the fudge layer fully.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, allow to cool for 5 minutes before sprinkling the chopped Aero chocolate over the top of the brownies. Allow to cool in the pan for before placing in the fridge to set completely, at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy.
These brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months, just wrap in a double layer of clingfilm.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Brownies and Bars
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brownies, Mint Chocolate, Bars, Chocolate, Aero