This one bowl Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf is quick, easy and boy is it delicious. Packed full of Autumnal flavours this loaf cake is perfect for breakfast, and afternoon treat or even dessert. It’s the ultimate pumpkin lovers dream.
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 225g canned pumpkin puree
- 160ml sunflower oil
- 2 large, free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g plain chocolate chips, divided
Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the sugar, pumpkin puree, sunflower oil, eggs and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add the flour, spices, salt and the baking powder to the pumpkin and mix until just combined.
- Add 200g of the chocolate chips to the pumped batter and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin, slice and serve.
Cake can be frozen for up to 3 months wrapped in a double layer of clingfilm.
If you have issues with chocolate chips sinking to the bottom of your cakes just dust them in a teaspoon of plain flour before adding to the batter.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Loaf Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Spice, Loaf Cake, Chocolate Chips