This S’mores Fudge is the no bake treat you’ve been looking for to beat this heat! The perfect dessert for your backyard BBQs this little treat is quick, easy and you don’t have to switch on the oven in this stifling August heat.
Hands up if you’re too hot? I know my hand is raised. We’ve been in the midst of a two week long heatwave here in the UK and boy oh boy is it warm. I’ve been jumping though hoops trying to avoid switching on the oven, my bank account is screaming for me to quit it with the take out orders. I’m almost on first name terms with my local Deliveroo driver, it’s becoming a problem.
In my oven avoidance I’ve really missed baking up some tasty treats to enjoy with a cup of the in the garden. That’s when I came up with the idea of these no bake S’mores Fudge Bars. A buttery biscuit base topped with a rich chocolate fudge and a smattering of toasted mini marshmallows. All the fun of a S’more with none of the extra heat.
These no bake S’mores Fudge bars are so quick and simple, they can be knocked up in no time.
How to make S’mores Fudge Bars:
- Grease a 9×9 tin with butter
- Mix crushed digestive biscuits with melted butter and press evenly into the base of the prepared pan. Chill while preparing the fudge.
- Melt condensed milk and plain chocolate together and pour over the prepared base.
- Top with mini marshmallows and chill for 1hr before cutting.
- If desired toast the mini marshmallows with a chefs torch.
Tips for making S’mores Fudge:
- If you’re in the UK, use digestive biscuits for the base, if US based use Graham Crackers.
- Make sure you use a high cocoa content dark chocolate, using a lighter milk chocolate will make the fudge super super sweet and you don’t want that.
- If you want toasted marshmallows atop your fudge give them a light blast over with a chefs torch or pop under a high grill for a few seconds.
- Keep the fudge in the fridge to keep it solid.
- Making S’mores Fudge for an adult crowd, stir 2tbsp rum or bourbon though the melted chocolate mixture before adding to the base. Delicious.
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 300g 72 – 78% cocoa chocolate
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 150g white mini marshmallows
Grease and line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper.
In a food processor crush the digestive biscuits to crumbs. Add the caster sugar and melted butter and give it a whizz to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Chill while you make the fudge layer.
In a medium, heavy bottomed sauce pan stir together the chopped dark chocolate and condensed milk. Stir together until the chocolate is just melted and remove from the heat.
Pour the chocolate fudge over the biscuit base. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the fudge, pressing down sightly on the marshmallows.
- Place the tray of fudge into the fridge for at least an hour or overnight to set.
Once set remove the fudge from the pan and cut into squares. Torch the mini marshmallows with a chefs blowtorch for a traditional s’mores look or leave them plain.
Keep the fudge in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Stir 2tbsp of your favourite liquor through the melted chocolate before pouring over the base for a more adult treat.
- Category: No Bake
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fudge, Chocolate, S'more, Autumn, Summer