If you’re looking for an easy snack to take your movie night to the next level, look no further. This Oreo Popcorn takes just 3 ingredients and no time at all to put together. All you’ll have to worry about is which movie to watch.
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 50g popcorn kernels
- 300g white chocolate, melted
- 154g pack Oreo Cookies
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan. Once the solid oil has turned to liquid, drop 3-4 popcorn kernels in the pan and wait for them to pop.
- Once the kernels pop add the remaining the kernels, cover the pan with a lid and wait for the popping to start. Once the kernels start to pop gently shake the pan until the popping slows down to almost a stop.
- Pour the popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl leaving any unpopped kernels behind.
- Pour the Oreo Cookies into a food processor and blitz into large crumbs.
- Pour the melted white chocolate and Oreo crumbs over the popcorn and mix until all of the popcorn is coated with the chocolate and oreo crumbs.
- Spread the Oreo Popcorn onto a large lined baking tray and allow to cool before serving.
If you don’t have a food processor just place the cookies in a large ziplock bag and bash them to smithereens with a rolling pin.
This popcorn is best eaten the day it’s made as popcorn goes stale very fast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Popcorn, Oreo, White Chocolate