If you’re looking for a quick and easy snack to take your movie night to the next level, look no further. This Oreo Popcorn takes just 4 ingredients and no time at all to put together. All you’ll have to worry about is picking the film.
Movie nights are a common thing in the Katiecakes household. There’s nothing we enjoy more than settling down under a big pile of blankets to watch a scary movie, or three. As is to be expected, any movie night just isn’t complete without a plethora of ridiculous snacks. The coffee table is teaming with crisps (Monster Munch), sweets (Maltesers), jellies (laces or GTFO) and of course, the ultimate moviegoers treat, popcorn!
I went through a phase of serving up store bought popcorn, I’d head into my local supermarket and grab a bag of sweet and salty which was always neither sweet nor salty. Handfuls of disappointment, the cat would eat more of it than we did. Why do I keep buying popcorn? I’d ask myself, it’s so easy to make your own at home and the flavour possibilities are endless. I headed to the cupboard to see what I had available, popcorn kernels, white chocolate and Oreo cookies. Oreo Popcorn was born!
How to make Oreo Popcorn – Step by Step
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and place 3 popcorn kernels in the melted oil.
- Wait for the kernels to pop, this is when the oil is at the correct temperature.
- Pour the remaining the popcorn kernels into the saucepan and cover with the lid.
- Let the popcorn do its thing, shake the pan gently as it pops.
- Dump the popped corn into a large mixing bowl and pour over melted white chocolate and mix to coat.
- Sprinkle Oreo cookie crumbs over the popcorn and mix to coat.
- Spread the Oreo Popcorn onto a large baking tray and allow to cool before serving.
If you’re looking for an easy snack to take your movie night to the next level, look no further. This Oreo Popcorn takes just 3 ingredients and no time at all to put together. All you’ll have to worry about is which movie to watch.
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 50g popcorn kernels
- 300g white chocolate, melted
- 154g pack Oreo Cookies
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan. Once the solid oil has turned to liquid, drop 3-4 popcorn kernels in the pan and wait for them to pop.
- Once the kernels pop add the remaining the kernels, cover the pan with a lid and wait for the popping to start. Once the kernels start to pop gently shake the pan until the popping slows down to almost a stop.
- Pour the popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl leaving any unpopped kernels behind.
- Pour the Oreo Cookies into a food processor and blitz into large crumbs.
- Pour the melted white chocolate and Oreo crumbs over the popcorn and mix until all of the popcorn is coated with the chocolate and oreo crumbs.
- Spread the Oreo Popcorn onto a large lined baking tray and allow to cool before serving.
If you don’t have a food processor just place the cookies in a large ziplock bag and bash them to smithereens with a rolling pin.
This popcorn is best eaten the day it’s made as popcorn goes stale very fast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Popcorn, Oreo, White Chocolate