Monster Cookies are thick, chewy cookies filled to the brim with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&M’s. Some might even call them, monstrous!
- 120g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 125g peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1 large, free range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g plain flour
- 125g rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150g chocolate M&Ms
- 100g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175C and line 2 large cookies sheets with baking parchment. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, around 5 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter to the butter and sugar and mix until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate mixing bowl stir together the flour, oats, salt, baking powder and bicarb. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Stir the chocolate chips and M&Ms by hand until evenly distributed.
- Roll tablespoons of the cookie dough into little balls and place onto your prepared baking sheets leaving around 1.5″ between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just set and slightly golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies can be kept for up to 5 days in an air-proof container.
To freeze the cookie dough make up to step 5, place the prepared baking sheets into the freezer for 1 hour before placing the frozen cookies in a ziplock bag. Frozen cookies can be stored for up to 3 month. Bake from frozen adding 2 minutes to the baking time.
If you want your cookies to look like the ones in the photos, poke a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips into the cookie dough balls just before baking.
- Category: cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip, M&Ms, Monster Cookies, peanut butter