These Banoffee Brownies are a rich and chewy brownie swirled with a delicious banana caramel and studded with dark chocolate chips. Addictive and delicious!
- 375g unsalted butter
- 375g plain chocolate
- 6 large, free range eggs
- 350g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1 large, over ripe banana
- 100g Carnation caramel
- 50g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 9″x9″ square tin with baking parchment.
- Mash the banana with the back of a fork and in a small bowl, mix into the caramel. Set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed sauce pan melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Allow to cool slightly. In the bowl of an electric mixer whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture in a slow steady stream, mix until combined. Add in the flour and stir until the flour just about disappears, take care not to over mix at this point.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out. Spoon blobs of the banana caramel over the brownie batter and marble with a knife and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until there is just a slight jiggle in the centre of the pan. Leave to cool completely, preferably overnight in the fridge. Cut into squares and enjoy.
These brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Use a good quality chocolate, around 70% cocoa solids for the tastiest results
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banoffee, Banana, Caramel, Brownies, Baking, Chocolate