These raspberry brownie cupcakes are the perfect mix between a dense and chewy chocolate brownie and a beautiful little cupcake. A brownie muffin studded with raspberry and topped with raspberry frosting and a drizzle of melted chocolate. This is ultimate Valentines Day baking.
For the Brownie Cupcakes:
- 375g unsalted butter
- 375g good quality plain chocolate
- 6 large, free range eggs
- 350g golden caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
For the Frosting:
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 300g icing sugar
- 2tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- 2tbsp whole milk
- 50g chocolate, melted
- Raspberries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Allow to cool slightly. Mix the eggs and sugar together in a large jug and pour into the melted chocolate, mix until combined. Add in the flour and stir until just combined, take care not to over mix at this point.
- Fill each liner until almost full and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a baking rack to finish cooling.
- To make the frosting mix the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until pale and soft. Add the icing sugar and turn the mixer on low before gradually increase the speed. Add the freeze dried raspberries and whip for 5 minutes, if the frosting looks too stiff add a tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach a nice piping consistency.
- Once the brownie cupcakes have cooled fill a piping bag, fitted with a round nozzle with the raspberry frosting and pipe a cute swirl on top of each cake. Finish with a drizzle of melted chocolate and top with a raspberry.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Brownies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brownies, Cupcakes, Raspberry, Valentines Day