These elegant raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes are the perfect treat for Valentines Day, or any other day for that matter. A vanilla sponge studded with fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips topped off with a dainty swirl of white chocolate frosting.
- 175g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 175g light brown sugar
- 3 large, free range eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml whole milk
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 100g raspberries
For the frosting:
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 300g icing sugar
- 100g white chocolate
- 2tbsp whole milk
- raspberries and white chocolate chunks to decorate
- Heat your oven to 170C and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with liners. Set aside.
- In the the bowl of an electric mixer mix the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, around 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time mixing between each addition.
- Add half the flour and mix until just combined, add the milk and vanilla extract followed by the rest of the flour and the baking powder. Mix until everything is combined. Using a wooden spoon stir through the white chocolate chips and raspberries taking care not to break the raspberries up too much.
- Using an ice cream scoop fill each cupcake liner to 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes until risen and springy when touched. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a baking rack to finish cooling.
- To make the frosting first melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan 1/4 full of simmering water. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until pale and soft. Add the icing sugar and the melted white chocolate. Turn the mixer on low and gradually increase the speed. Whip for 5 minutes, if the frosting looks too stiff add a tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach a nice piping consistency.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled fill a piping bag, fitted with an open star nozzle with the white chocolate frosting and pipe a cute swirl on top of each cake. Top with raspberries and white chocolate chunks.
Feel free to swap out fresh raspberries for frozen.
Use plain chocolate chips and plain chocolate in the frosting for a bit of a twist
- Category: Cupcakes
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Raspberry, White Chocolate, Cupcakes, Baking, Cake, Valentines Day