These elegant raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes are the perfect treat for Valentines Day, or any other day for that matter. A vanilla sponge studded with fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips topped off with a dainty swirl of white chocolate frosting. Sweets for your sweet!
Is there anything more pleasing to the eye than a cake stand filled with bright and jolly cupcakes? I think not. It truly is a joyful sight, you’d have to be a monster not to be elated at such a vision. Even if you’re not a cake fan (They exist….I know, right!) you can’t deny their beauty.
These raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes are just too cute to ignore. Topped with plump raspberries, glistening like scarlet jewels and a hunk of creamy white chocolate your eyes can’t help but stare. They’re almost too pretty to eat. Then you quickly get over yourself and remember cake is for eating, not for admiring, and shove one into your mouth.
I used my go to failsafe vanilla cupcake recipe here and gave it a little fruity tweek. I used fresh raspberries in the sponge but feel free to substitute frozen or even freeze dried raspberries instead.
I really do adore these cupcakes, they’re a firm favourite every time I bake them and they’re a customer favourite in Pet Lamb. They’re moist and sweet with the tart tang of juicy berries in every bite. As if that wasn’t enough to get you in the kitchen, they’re super simple to make too. Perfect for baking novices to pros and little hands friendly, especially when it comes to decorating!
Looking for more cupcake inspiration:
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
- Caramac Cupcakes
- Matcha and Raspberry Cupcakes
- Rum Raisin Cupcakes
- Rhubarb and Custard Cupcakes
These elegant raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes are the perfect treat for Valentines Day, or any other day for that matter. A vanilla sponge studded with fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips topped off with a dainty swirl of white chocolate frosting.
- 175g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 175g light brown sugar
- 3 large, free range eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml whole milk
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 100g raspberries
For the frosting:
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 300g icing sugar
- 100g white chocolate
- 2tbsp whole milk
- raspberries and white chocolate chunks to decorate
- Heat your oven to 170C and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with liners. Set aside.
- In the the bowl of an electric mixer mix the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, around 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time mixing between each addition.
- Add half the flour and mix until just combined, add the milk and vanilla extract followed by the rest of the flour and the baking powder. Mix until everything is combined. Using a wooden spoon stir through the white chocolate chips and raspberries taking care not to break the raspberries up too much.
- Using an ice cream scoop fill each cupcake liner to 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes until risen and springy when touched. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a baking rack to finish cooling.
- To make the frosting first melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan 1/4 full of simmering water. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until pale and soft. Add the icing sugar and the melted white chocolate. Turn the mixer on low and gradually increase the speed. Whip for 5 minutes, if the frosting looks too stiff add a tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach a nice piping consistency.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled fill a piping bag, fitted with an open star nozzle with the white chocolate frosting and pipe a cute swirl on top of each cake. Top with raspberries and white chocolate chunks.
Feel free to swap out fresh raspberries for frozen.
Use plain chocolate chips and plain chocolate in the frosting for a bit of a twist
- Category: Cupcakes
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Raspberry, White Chocolate, Cupcakes, Baking, Cake, Valentines Day