This peanut butter and jelly french toast is a king among brunches. Dripping with sweet jam and salty peanut butter it’s a taste sensation. Plus it takes less than twenty minutes to make so brunch can be on the table in no time.
- 2 large, free range eggs
- 75ml whole milk
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 8, thick slices of brioche
- Smooth peanut butter
- Jam or jelly in any flavour you like, I went with raspberry
- 2tbsp butter chopped peanuts, maple syrup and a handful of berries to serve
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cinnamon together in a large, shallow bowl. Spread 4 slices of the brioche with the peanut butter. Spread remaining 4 slices of bread with the jam. Sandwich one peanut butter and one jam slice together to make four peanut butter and jam sandwiches.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture making sure to coat each side. Melt 1tbsp of butter in a large, heavy bottomed frying pan over a medium heat and fry each sandwich for around 3 minute per side, until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you make the remaining sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve with a dusting of icing sugar, maple syrup and sprinkle over some chopped peanuts and mixed berries.
You can use any flavour of jam or jelly you like. Use your favourite peanut butter, crunchy or smooth, it really doesn’t matter.
- Category: Brunch
Keywords: Brunch, Breakfast, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Jam, French Toast