Wow your friends with this amazing vegan chocolate chip banana bread. Nobody would ever believe that it’s completely free from any eggs and dairy!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 85g solid coconut oil
- 120g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100g ground almonds
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g vegan dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat your oven to 175c and grease and line loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the bananas, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix for a minute or so before adding the flour, almonds, baking powder, soda and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
- Reserve 50g of the chocolate chips and stir the remaining 100g through the batter. Pour into the prepared pan and scatter the remaining chocolate chunks evenly over the top of the cake. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin on a wire rack. Cake will keep in an airtight tin for up to 1 week.
Keywords: Vegan, Chocolate Chip, Banana Bread, Cake