The best thing about these cookies is you don’t have to chill the dough so you can be eating cookies in no time at all!
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 300g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g toffee popcorn
- 150g plain chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line two cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until well combined, light and fluffy. Add the beaten egg and mix again.
- Tip in the flour, baking powder, half the popcorn and a pinch of salt and mix together until everything is just combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the dough into balls and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Give each cookie a little press to flatten it out a little bit and press the remaining 50g of popcorn into each ball. Bake the cookies for 13 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly on the tray before transferring to a rack to finish cooling.
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces and melt in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water), then drizzle over the cookies. Leave the chocolate to set and enjoy.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Popcorn, Cookies, Chocolate