These moist and delicious chocolate chip studded, banana bread doughnuts are dipped in a rich chocolate ganache before being sprinkled with chopped pecans for added crunch. You’ll be back for seconds, or even thirds.
For the doughnuts:
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 100g light brown sugar
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1 large free range egg
- 100g chocolate chips
For the ganache:
- 200g best quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 400ml double cream
- 50g pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175C and grease the hollows of a doughnut pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer mix together the mashed banana, melted butter and egg. Stir through the flour, baking powder and cinnamon until just combined. Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a large piping bag and pipe into the prepared doughnut pan, filling each hollow to the top. Bake for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
- To make the chocolate glaze place the chopped chocolate into a bowl and set aside. Heat the double cream to just below boiling point, pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for a few minutes. Stir the cream and chocolate together until fully melted and glossy.
- Dip each cooled doughnut into the chocolate glaze and sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: British