Happy World Nutella Day everyone! Who knew we needed a day to celebrate Nutella? I mean, it should be celebrated, it’s bloody delicious. There’s hardly a day goes by where I don’t help myself to a heaping spoonful straight from the jar. As yummy as it is scraped out of the tub and shoved directly into my mouth, Nutella is one of my very favourite ingredients to bake with. Warm and sticky, swirled into a banana bread or brownies, there really is little in the world that can make me happier. That was until I made these raspberry Nutella pancakes.
I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone with this one, not only is it World Nutella Day today, but Pancake Day is fast approaching. Is it even Pancake Day if there’s not a jar of Nutella on the table?
What is your favourite pancake filling? Are you a Nutella fiend or do you prefer a sprinkle of sugar and squeeze of lemon? As long as I have a jar of Nutella and a tin of Golden Syrup, I’m a happy camper.
If you fancy a bit more Nutella in your baking repertoire check out these recipes: Nutella Swirl Cookies / Nutella Melting Middle Cookies / Nutella Stuffed French Toast / Nutella and Raspberry FondantsPrint
These Nutella pancakes are the perfect breakfast for any Nutella fiend.
- 150ml whole milk
- 4tbsp Nutella
- 2tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large, free range egg
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- raspberries, roughly chopped
- 1 jar of Nutella to serve
- 1 jar of good quality raspberry jam to serve
- 100g raspberries to serve
- In a small saucepan heat the milk and Nutella, constantly stirring until the Nutella has melted into the milk. Allow to cool slightly then mix in the melted butter, egg and sugar.
- Slowly add the flour, cocoa and baking powder to the dry ingredients, mixing all the time to make a smooth batter. Stir in the raspberries.
- Heat a large frying pan and generously wipe with butter, turn the heat down to medium low. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of the batter per pancake into the hot pan. Cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake, flip over and cook for another minute before transferring to a plate. Keep the finished pancakes in a warm oven while you make the rest.
- To serve stack the pancakes and spread alternate layers with 1tbsp of Nutella and 1tbsp of raspberry jam. Decorate with fresh raspberries and serve.
Any kind of jam will work in place of the raspberry jam here, or leave it out completely.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: British