What do you get when you cross a slutty brownie and a Jaffa Cake? These utterly filthy specimens, that’s what. I mean, I dunno what on Earth I was thinking when I came up with this one but bloody hell am I proud of my self. Jaffa Cake Slutty Brownies, stand up and take a bow. Your public awaits.
For these saucy little buggers I replaced the traditional Oreo cookie with a Jaffa Cake. As if that wasn’t bad enough I also spooned globs of shredless marmalade (orange curd would work too) around the biscuits (not cake, biscuit. I will fight you) then topped it off with a chocolate orange brownie layer. Hot diggedy dawg!
If you’re a chocolate orange fan, these bars are made for you. They certainly pack a zesty punch.
To create the fudgy texture of the brownie and ensure your fingers are nice and neat I’d recommend setting your brownies in the fridge overnight before cutting. If you’re not too bothered about presentation and just want to dig in, simply allow to cool for a few hours before cutting.Print
What do you get when you cross a slutty brownie and a Jaffa Cake? These utterly filthy specimens, that’s what.
For the cookie dough layer:
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g soft, light brown sugar
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 large, free range eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 350g plain flour
- 150g plain chocolate chips
- 15 Jaffa Cakes
- 4tbsp shredless marmalade
For the Brownie layer:
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g plain chocolate, chopped
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 1tsp orange extract
- Preheat oven to 170C and prepare a 9×13″ brownie tin, or use a disposable tray.
- For the cookie dough layer, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition followed by the vanilla extract. Add the flour and mix until just combined, stir through the chocolate chips. Press the dough into your prepared pan in an even layer. Place the Jaffa Cakes on top of the cookie dough in rows of 3, press down slightly on each biscuit. Spoon little globs of marmalade between the Jaffa Cakes and spread out slightly with the back of your spoon. Set aside while you make the brownie layer.
- In a large saucepan over a low heat melt the butter and chocolate together. Add the sugar and stir together. Crack the eggs into a large jug and whisk, slowly pour the eggs into the chocolate mixing as you go. Add the flour and stir until the white streaks just disappear then quickly stir through the orange extract. Pour the brownie mixture over the cookie dough layer making sure everything is covered but your don’t over fill the tray. Bake for 35 minutes or until just set with a slight wobble.
- Allow to cool in the fridge over night before cutting into fingers and enjoying.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: American