No, you’re not reading that title wrong, these are indeed cookies and cream cookies. Or, inception cookies as Kris likes to refer to them. These cookies are flecked with chocolate chips and crushed Oreos, I mean, need I go on?
By now you all know my feelings about cookies, I’ve always got to have a stash hiding away in my freezer for when you just have to have a warm, melty cookie in your life. These moments seem to happen an awful lot in my house and there’s no problem that a warm cookie won’t fix. These babies are my current favorite emergency cookies, I’ve had to resort to hiding them behind the frozen peas to ensure Kris doesn’t spot them and gobble them all up. The lengths I have to go to, right?!
Milk powder might sound like a weird ingredient to use in cookies but they add an unbelievable richness and a chew to die for. You can find it in most supermarkets by the UHT milk (but there’s no demand for that because it’s shite! (holla to all my Father Ted fans))
If you love cookies as much as me, check out these babes: Nutella Swirl Cookies / Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies / Levain Bakery Copycat Cookies / Nutella Melting Middle Cookies / Kick Ass Chocolate Chunk Cookies / Dairy Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint
These cookies are flecked with chocolate chips and crushed Oreos. Need I say more.
- 150g full fat cream cheese
- 125g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 1 large, free range egg
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- 180g plain flour
- 60g milk powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 20 Oreo cookies, chopped up small
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese and butter until light, fluffy and fully mixed together. Around 1-2minutes mixing at a medium speed. Add the brown sugar, egg and vanilla and mix until pale and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl sift the flour, milk powder, baking soda and baking powder together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour in the oreos and chocolate chips and mix until everything is evenly distributed. Cover the bowl in cling film and chill for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line two baking sheets with baking parchment. Roll heaping tablespooons of the chilled cookie dough into balls and place on the baking sheet, giving each cookie room to spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until just starting to colour around the edges. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking try before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Or, you know, eat them warm, who am I to tell you how to eat cookies?!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: American