If there was ever a cake made for breakfast time, this is it.
For the cake:
- 100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 large, free range eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 200g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 150ml soured cream
- 220g blueberries
- 150g white chocolate chips
For the frosting:
- 180g full fat cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment and preheat the oven to 175°C.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer down to low and add the eggs in one at a time, beating well between each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add half of the flour, the baking powder and half of the soured cream and beat to combine. Add the remaining flour and soured cream and mix again. Stir through half of the blueberries and all of the white chocolate chips, pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 1hr – 1hr 15minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before transfering the cake to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When the cake is cooled, make the frosting. Whip the cream cheese and icing sugar together until creamy and then spread over the top of the cake. Scatter with the remaining blueberries and serve.
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: British