Do you like chocolate? Do you like peanut butter? Do you like them both together? If the answer to these three questions is yes, then you simply must make these peanut butter stuffed cookies!
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 80g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 75g peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 200g light brown sugar
- 3 large, free range eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g plain chocolate chips
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water melt the dark chocolate, stirring until completely melted. Remove from the heat and set aside while you make your batter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, 50g of the peanut butter peanut butter and both sugars until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula from time to time. Turn the mixer down to its lowest setting and slowly pour in the chocolate, mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa to the wet mixture and mix until just combined then stir through the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ̊C, line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Roll walnut sized balls of the dough in your hands and using your thumb make a deep indentation in the ball. Fill the hole with 1/2tsp of peanut butter and take a small piece of the dough and cover the peanut butter, roll into a ball. Repeat until you’ve used up all of your cookie dough.
- If freezing, place all of your cookie balls on a lined baking sheet, making sure they’re not touching, and place in the freezer for an hour. Once frozen the cookies can be transferred into a freezer proof bag and can be frozen for up to 3 month. If they even last that long. When cooking from frozen preheat the oven to 160 ̊C, arrange the cookies on a lined baking sheet lined with parchment, making sure there’s enough room between them for spreading, and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Arrange your cookies on the prepared baking sheets, allowing around 2″ between each cookie to allow for spreading. Bake in batches for 15 minutes until cooked around the edges but still a little soft in the center. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cookies, Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Baking