These Oreo swirl marshmallows are super impressive, no need to tell anyone how easy they actually are. That’s our little secret.
For the Oreo swirl:
- 1 pack of Oreo cookies 154g
- 50g coconut oil
For the marshmallows:
- 3 envelopes of gelatin
- 100ml cold water
- 400g caster sugar
- 250g corn syrup (found in the American section)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g icing sugar for dusting and coating
- For the Oreo swirl put the Oreos and coconut oil into a blender and blend for around 3 minutes until it turns into a wet paste. Set aside.
- For the marshmallows grease a 9×13″ tin with cake release or a generous amount of oil. If using oil line the tin with cling film, leaving an overhang around the edges.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer pour in the water and add the gelatin, let stand for 10 minutes until thick. In a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan combine 50ml cold water with the sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a rolling boil and continue to boil on a high heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Turn the mixer to high and while it’s whipping carefully pour the hot sugar mixture into the bowl in a slow, steady stream. Continue mixing on a high speed for 13 minutes until thick and sticky. Add in the vanilla extract, mix to combine. With a rubber spatular marble the Oreo paste through the marshmallow and transfer into the prepared pan. Smooth the top down as best you can and allow to set overnight.
- When set remove the marshmallow from the pan, spray a sharp knife with oil and cut into small squares. Toss the cut marshmallows in the icing sugar and enjoy. Marshmallows will last a few weeks in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus setting
- Cook Time: -
- Category: Candy
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Oreo, Marshmallows, Baking, Candy, Homemade