Tis the season to bake cookies, fa la la la laaa. Christmas is the time of year where you can count on unexpected guests dropping by. You never know when you’ll hear that knock at the door and the last thing you want is to greet your friends and family empty handed. What would Nigella say?! She’d tell you to go home and bake some of these cranberry and white chocolate cookies, that’s what she’d say!
Cookies will always save your bacon. Whether you’ve got a batch ready rolled sitting in the freezer or you’re the kind of person I wish I was and have a cookie jar filled with freshly baked goodies, you’re in the clear. There’s nothing people appreciate more than a freshly baked cookie, or a Mulberry bag, but let’s not trouble ourselves with that.
Nothing screams holiday baking like cranberry and white chocolate and I can guarantee a certain Mr Clause sure will appreciate a few of these babies come Christmas morning.Print
Nothing screams holiday baking like cranberry and white chocolate and I can guarantee a certain Mr Clause sure will appreciate a few of these babies come Christmas morning.
- 175g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 150g light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 2tbsp cornflour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 150g dried cranberries
- 150g white chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugars together until light and creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat till combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Mix together the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and with the mixer set to the lowest speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Once everything is combined add the chocolate chips and cranberries and mix until evenly distributed. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once ready to cook the cookies, remove the bowl from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature, around 10-30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 175C. Roll into walnut sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper leaving a two inch gap between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just beginning to turn golden. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool down. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk or a steaming mug of hot chocolate.
- Category: Christmas
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Christmas, Baking, Cookies, White Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Cranberry