Whip up a big batch of this apple pie granola and you’ll be thanking yourself every morning for days to come.
- 350g rolled oats
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ginger
- 1/4tsp mixed spice
- 1/8tsp nutmeg
- 50g brown sugar
- 100g apple sauce
- 50g honey
- 150g dried apples, chopped
- 75g pecans, chopped
- 100g mixed dried fruit (optional but delicious)
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, salt, spices, apples and nuts together and set aside. In a pan over a medium heat melt together the coconut oil, brown sugar, honey and apple sauce. Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Spread the oaty mixture over your prepared baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, stirring the granola every 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Let the granola cool before mixing in the dried fruit and transferring to a large jar ready for the week ahead.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Apple, Pie, Granola, Breakfast, Dried Fruit, Morning