These Nutella melting middle cookies should be illegal. In my house especially! I mean, just look at these saucy little devils. I just can’t keep my greedy little mitts off them.
I know, right?! Why are you still here? Get your Nutella loving butts into the kitchen and get these bad boys baked. You know I’m right, I’m always right about Nutella bro!
These cookies require a little bit of planning, but I promise you it’s all worth it. It’s pretty much just freezing little balls of Nutella and wrapping chocolate chip cookie dough around it before it melts. What with me always shoving stuff in the middle of cookies, it’s becoming a problem.
You might want to skip the little sprinkle of salt but you shouldn’t. It gives these cookies just the right amount of lift, it sounds weird but I promise you, it’s not.Print
These cookies should be illegal. In my house especially! I mean, just look at these saucy little devils.
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 large, free range egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1tsp bicarb
- 2tbsp corn flour
- 150g dark chocolate chunks plus extra to decorate
- Sea salt
- Large jar of Nutella
- First of all, line a large baking sheet with grease proof paper and scoop out 12 table spoons of Nutella onto the sheet. Freeze the blobs until solid, around an hour.
- Once the Nutella is frozen, leave in the freezer while you prepare the cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line two baking sheets with grease proof paper. Mix the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix till combined. Add the flour, cocoa, bicarb and corn flour and stir together until just combined, stir through the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up a table spoon of dough and flatten it in your hand, place a frozen Nutella blob in the middle and pull the dough around the Nutella to seal it in a little ball. Work quickly as the Nutella will start to melt in your hands. Add a few chocolate chips to the top of each ball followed by a sprinkle of salt.
- Once you’ve finished making your cookies pop the trays in the fridge to chill for an hour, once chilled bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for ten minutes before digging straight in.
- If you can resist, the unbaked balls can be frozen and baked straight from the freezer. Just add 2 minutes to the baking time.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Nutella, Cookies, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies,