You know late at night when you’re thinking about all the naughty food you really shouldn’t eat, but really want? I do that a lot, like a lot a lot! This is where the filthy things you dare not speak of happen, like when you put a microwavable lasagna in a bread bun or when you run out of crackers so just dip your cheese in butter. Don’t look at me like that, you’re just like me and you know it! This is where these mucky little buggers came from, that sordid little place ruled by my own greed and childlike glee. I was thinking of those creme scotch eggs that have recently taken the internet by storm and I got to wondering what else could be improved by ramming it with a creme egg. Creme Egg Slutty brownies of course, as if we could make them any naughtier!!
Queue a lot of Vic and Bob style thigh rubbing. The phrase food porn has never felt so apt, I mean look at that. If those delightful little blighters don’t make you feel all weak at the knees then I just don’t think we can be friends.Print
I was thinking recently of those creme scotch eggs that have recently taken the internet by storm and I got to wondering what else could be improved by ramming it with a creme egg. Slutty brownies of course, as if we could make them any naughtier!!
For the cookie dough layer:
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g soft, light brown sugar
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 350g self raising flour
- 150g chocolate chips
- 14 Creme Eggs, unwrapped
For the brownie layer:
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g dark chocolate
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 170C and prepare a 20×30 brownie tray, or use a disposable tray.
- For the cookie dough layer, cream together the butter and sugars till light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition followed by the vanilla extract. Add the flour and mix until just combined, stir through the chocolate chips. Press the dough into your prepared pan in an even layer. Place seven Creme Eggs down each side of the pan with the tops of the eggs pointing towards the middle of the try, keeping them nice and neat. Set aside while you make the brownie layer.
- In a large saucepan over a low heat melt the butter and chocolate together. Add the sugar and stir together. Crack the eggs into a large jug and whisk up, slowly pour the eggs into the chocolate mixing as you go until combined. Add the flour and stir until the white streaks just dissapear. Pour the brownie mixture over the cookie dough and Creme Eggs making sure everything is covered but your don’t over fill the tray. Don’t worry if the peaks of your eggs are poking out. Bake for 35 minutes, until just set.
- Allow to cool in the fridge over night before cutting into fingers and enjoying.
- Category: Brownies and Bars
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Creme Egg, Slutty Brownies, Chocolate, Cookie Dough