These brownies have to power to melt even the chilliest of hearts, Elsa wouldn’t stand a chance against these babies.
For the brownies:
- 375g unsalted butter
- 375g plain chocolate
- 6 large, free range eggs
- 350g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- Good quality raspberry jam
For the cheesecake:
- 150g full fat Philadelphia
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a 33×23 brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Make the cheesecake layer. In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together the cheese, egg and sugar until thick and creamy. If it seems a little thin add a teaspoon of flour to thicken the mixture.
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Mix the eggs and sugar together in a large jug and pour into the melted chocolate, mix till combined. Add in the flour and stir until just combined, take care not to over mix at this point.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out. Take the cheesecake and spoon blobs onto the brownies, do the same thing with half a jar of good quality raspberry jam. Take a knife and marble the jam and cheesecake through the brownies. Bake for 35 minutes or until there is just a slight jiggle in the centre of the pan. Leave to cool completely, preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Cut into squares or use a heart shaped cutter to stamp out heart shaped brownies.
- Category: Brownies and Bars
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Raspberry, Cheesecake, Brownies, Valantines, Chocolate