If your valentine is anything like mine, there’s one sure fire way to their heart. Chocolate! More specifically, chocolate brownies. These raspberry cheesecake brownies have to power to melt even the chilliest of hearts, Elsa wouldn’t stand a chance against these babies.
Not only are these brownies swirled with creamy cheesecake, I’ve only gone thrown in a generous helping of raspberry jam. I swear, marbling cheesecake through brownie batter is one of life’s little pleasures. Plus, you get to lick the spoon, bonus!
Instagrammers, fellow food snappers and cocktail capturers; please add me up at Katie_PetLamb so I can see your mouth watering photos. If you decide to whip these treats up for your honey, which I think you should, I’d just love to see the finished result. Tag your pics with #iheartkatiecakes so I can perv on your creations.Print
These brownies have to power to melt even the chilliest of hearts, Elsa wouldn’t stand a chance against these babies.
For the brownies:
- 375g unsalted butter
- 375g plain chocolate
- 6 large, free range eggs
- 350g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- Good quality raspberry jam
For the cheesecake:
- 150g full fat Philadelphia
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a 33×23 brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Make the cheesecake layer. In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk together the cheese, egg and sugar until thick and creamy. If it seems a little thin add a teaspoon of flour to thicken the mixture.
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Mix the eggs and sugar together in a large jug and pour into the melted chocolate, mix till combined. Add in the flour and stir until just combined, take care not to over mix at this point.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out. Take the cheesecake and spoon blobs onto the brownies, do the same thing with half a jar of good quality raspberry jam. Take a knife and marble the jam and cheesecake through the brownies. Bake for 35 minutes or until there is just a slight jiggle in the centre of the pan. Leave to cool completely, preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Cut into squares or use a heart shaped cutter to stamp out heart shaped brownies.
Keywords: Raspberry, Cheesecake, Brownies, Valantines, Chocolate