In our house we’re a big fan of chilli sauces, our cupboards are heaving with dozens upon dozens of bottles. Only one brand makes it out of the cupboard and into the counter top collection, you guessed it, Sriracha. We’re obsessed, a little too obsessed, we even have the hoisin sauce variety. Me being me I just had to attempt to turn our favourite hot sauce into a sweet treat so here we are, chocolate peanut butter donuts with Sriracha glaze.
It was only a matter of time before I found away to incorporate sriracha into my baking. After contemplating a few different ideas I finally settled on doughnuts. I mean, what doesn’t go well in a doughnut?!
What can I say about these babies, these little doughnuts don’t half pack a punch. We all know peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, but once you add a spicy element into the mix then you’re really onto something special. I know they might sound a little out there but once you try them you’ll never look back!Print
We all know peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, but once you add a spicy element into the mix then you’re really onto something special.
For the Donuts:
- 150g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 100g light brown sugar
- 120ml buttermilk
- 1 large free range egg
- 50g butter, melted
Peanut butter glaze:
- 125g chocolate flavoured peanut butter
- 175g icing sugar
- 4tbsp whole milk
- 4tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease the hollows in two mini doughnut pans (spray release is awesome for this). Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry doughnut ingredients, in another bowl stir together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet over the dry and fold together until combined, making sure there’s no lumps of flour. Fill each hollow until around 2/3 full, I like to do this with a disposable piping bag filled with the batter. Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes until springy to the tough. Allow to cool for five minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Once the doughnuts are cooled make the glaze. In a bowl above a pan of simmering water melt the peanut butter together with the icing sugar. Stir through the milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach a good dipping consistency.
- For the Sriracha drizzle stir the hot sauce and the icing sugar together, if it’s a little too thick add a teaspoon of milk.
- Dip each doughnut in the peanut butter glaze and place on a cooling rack till the excess drips off. Fill a disposable piping bag with the Sriracha drizzle and pipe it over the glazed doughnuts. Let the glazes set for ten minutes and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Donuts
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Donuts, Doughnuts, Sriracha, Baking