If there’s one thing that owning a bakery has taught me it’s that there isn’t anything quite as satisfying as stuffing sweet treats inside bigger sweet treats. It’s a madness really, is there anything that won’t go inside a cookie? I’m dying to find out. If they all turn out like these mars bar stuffed cookies then Heaven really is a place on Earth.
If you haven’t tried a hot Mars Bar you seriously haven’t lived. When I was young I’d often be found melting the chocolate bars in the microwave and slobbering over a spoon of molten caramel and nougat. I’ve never forgotten how utterly amazing it tasted and since I no longer own a microwave I figured stuffing them into cookies and eating hot from the oven is the next best thing.
Now I’ve gone and rammed a chocolate bar into a cookie, my brain is working overtime on new combinations. Snickers in a peanut butter cookie, a brownie in a chocolate cookie. The possibilities for me getting fatter are endless.Print
- 275g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 200g chocolate chips
- 3 Mars Bars chopped into quarters
- Preheat oven to 175C and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer whip the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well between each addition. Add the flour and mix until combined, stir through the chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into 24 equal balls, around the size of a walnut. Press a piece of Mars Bar into one of the balls, top with another ball and encase the Mars Bar in dough. Flatten sightly and place on the prepared baking sheet, do the same with the remaining dough ensuring to leave enough room between the cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until starting to turn brown around the edges. Allow to cool for five minute before pouring yourself a glass of milk and digging in.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Cookies, Mars Bar Stuffed Cookies, Mars Bar, Chocolate Chip, Baking