What’s better than a cookie? A giant cookie of course! Throw some candy corn into the mix and we’ve hit a whole new level of deliciousness.
For the cookie:
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1 large, free range egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 100g chocolate chips
150g candy corn, plus extra to decorate
For the frosting:
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 300g icing sugar
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 2tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 170C and line a 9″ spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy, add the egg and vanilla and mix. Pour in the flour, baking powder and cornflour and mix on a low speed until everything is combined. Stir through the chocolate chips and candy corn.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely in the tin before removal.
- For the frosting whip the butter, icing sugar and coco powder together. Slowly add the milk until you get a good piping consistency. You may not need to use all of the milk or you may need a splash more.
- Transfer frosting into a piping bag fitted with a closed star tip and pipe swirls around the edge of your cooled cookie. Decorate with the remaining candy corn.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Giant Cookie, Chocolate Chip, Candy Corn, Halloween, Baking