This malted chocolate and Oreo ice cream is so much tastier than store bought chocolate ice cream. You’ll never look back.
- 750ml whole milk
- 250ml double cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 140g caster sugar
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100g plain chocolate, chopped
- 150g Ovaltine
- 1 pack of chocolate stuffed Oreo cookies chopped into small pieces
- To make the base custard bring the milk and cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Once the milk is simmering whisk the egg yolks with the sugar till creamy. Pour the warm milk onto the eggs, whisking constantly. Pour the custard back into the saucepan and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, whisking constantly. The custard is ready once it’s thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Once thickened, place the chopped chocolate in a large bowl and pour over the hot custard. allow the chocolate to melt and stir in, add the Ovaltine and mix until combined. Pop the bowl in the fridge for a few hours to cool completely.
- Once cool churn the custard in an ice cream machine, following the manufacturers instructions. Once thick and creamy, transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze until ready to serve.
- If you don’t have an ice cream machine just pour the custard into a large freezer proof container and place in the freezer. Every two hours stir the ice cream with a fork, after around 6 hours the ice cream will be ready.
- Category: Ice Cream
- Cuisine: Treats
Keywords: Ice Cream, Oreo, Malted, Chocolate, Frozen, Summer