Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 2tbsp demerera sugar
- 170g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking powder
- 220g plain flour
- 200g plain chocolate chopped into chunks
- sea salt to finish
- Preheat your oven to 170C and line three baking sheets with grease proof paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a large bowl and hand held whisk, cream together the butter and sugars till light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beating till incorporated. Slowly add the flour and baking powder and mix to get a dry, slightly crumbly looking dough. Stir through the chocolate chunks.
- Take tablespoons of the cookie dough and shape into rounds, placing on the baking tray as you go making sure you leave enough room between cookies for spreading. Sprinkle each cookie with a tiny pinch of sea salt before baking for 10 – 12 minutes. Once baked allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling, that is if you can restrain yourself.
- Pour yourself a cold glass of milk and dig in!
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Baking
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookies,