- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g light brown sugar
- 100g whole, skinless hazelnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 200g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3 medium, ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175C then grease and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the sugar and flour together for five minutes until light and creamy, add the eggs one at a time mixing well between each addition. Scoop in your mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix. While you beat your butter and sugar toast the hazelnuts in the oven for a few minutes. Once toasted pop them into a food processor and pulse them until they’re finely ground.
- Add the hazelnuts, flour and baking powder to the butter and mix until combined. Stir through the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon before pouring the batter into the prepared tin and baking for 60 – 75 minutes, the cake should be golden brown and springs back if prodded with a finger.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning out and enjoying while still warm.