For the Cookies:
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g porridge oats
- 150g dried blueberries
For the Filling:
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g Philadelphia soft cheese
- 500g icing sugar
- Blueberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and prepare a baking tray with parchment. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla then, using a wooden spoon, mix in the remaining cookie ingredients.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mix into balls and place onto your prepared tray leaving a little room for spreading, flatten slightly. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until just golden. Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the filling, cream the butter, Philadelphia and icing sugar together, add a splash of milk if a little stiff. Spread over half the cookies followed by a dollop of blueberry jam. Sandwich with the remaining cookies and enjoy.
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: Cookies
Keywords: Cookie, Pies, Blueberry, Oat