Do you ever just find yourself daydreaming about cookies? I do, quiet often, more often than I care to admit. Luckily I have the luxury of using my job as an excuse for my fixation for these sweet treats, in all honesty it’s just because I goddamn love a good cookie! These oat and blueberry cookie pies are the perfect afternoon treat, just try and stop at one.
In my mind these giants were supposed to be adorable little cookies sandwiched with butter cream and jam, nothing more than a mouthful. As you can see, I didn’t quite manage the dainty little morsels I set out to make. My inner monologue seemed to take over while I was rolling the dough, ‘that’s not big enough’, was repeating over and over in my head till I eventually ended up with these monstrous cookie pies.
These babies are super adaptable. Just replace the dried blueberries with whatever you’ve got on hand, I’m thinking chocolate chips with a peanut butter and Nutella centre next time.Print
For the Cookies:
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g porridge oats
- 150g dried blueberries
For the Filling:
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g Philadelphia soft cheese
- 500g icing sugar
- Blueberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and prepare a baking tray with parchment. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla then, using a wooden spoon, mix in the remaining cookie ingredients.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mix into balls and place onto your prepared tray leaving a little room for spreading, flatten slightly. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until just golden. Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the filling, cream the butter, Philadelphia and icing sugar together, add a splash of milk if a little stiff. Spread over half the cookies followed by a dollop of blueberry jam. Sandwich with the remaining cookies and enjoy.
Keywords: Cookie, Pies, Blueberry, Oat