I’m aware that most of the time I go a bit overboard with breakfast posts. Not everyone is as into pancakes and french toast as I am. Sometimes you just want something you can grab on your way out the door, that’s where these peanut butter breakfast bars come in. They’re quick and easy to make and the best thing is a batch will last two of you a whole week!
- 270g rolled oats
- 270g rice krispies cereal
- 375g smooth peanut butter
- 100g plain chocolate chips
- 200g runny honey
- 75g light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Grease and line a 20×30 brownie pan with baking paper or use a disposable foil tray (like this). Place a large saucepan over a low heat and melt the honey, peanut butter and sugar until combined and runny before adding the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl combine the oats and rice krispies, pour over the wet ingredients and mix together until everything is coated evenly. Pour into your prepared pan and press down with the back of a spoon to form a lovely even layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into bars and keep in an airtight tin for a quick and easy breakfast.