- 1 sheet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with a tsp of milk
- good quality raspberry jam
- 250g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs whole milk
- cute sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Unroll your pastry and using a sharp knife cut 8 rectangles, you’ll need two for each tart. Place four of the pastry rectangles on your prepared baking sheet and pop a heaped teaspoon of jam in the middle of each tart. Sandwich with the tops and using a fork press your edges together to form a seal.
- Pain each tart with a thin layer of the egg wash and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool make your frosting. Combine the icing sugar with the milk and vanilla and mix to form a thick, spreadable paste. If it’s too thin or thick at this point, add a little more sugar or milk. Spread each tart with the frosting and scatter with sprinkles. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast