- 1 loaf brioche, sliced into 2cm thick slices
- 25ml whole milk
4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 glug of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 50g soft brown sugar
- Small handful of raspberries or blueberries
- Butter for frying
- Tub of mascarpone cheese
- Jar of store bought toffee / caramel sauce
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place a large, heavy frying pan over a medium heat and melt a knob of butter, dip your bananas in the brown sugar to coat before adding them to the frying pan. Cook until lightly caramalised and smelling delicious.
- Rinse your pan out and add another knob of butter over a medium heat. Dredge two slices of brioche in the egg mixture before placing in the hot pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Do the same with two more slices
- To assemble your toast spread one slice with a thick layer of mascarpone, two pieces of caramalised banana and some berries. Repeat with the second layer and drizzle with toffee sauce. Sit back and enjoy.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: Banoffee, French Toast, Breakfast, Brunch