Where has the time gone, dear friends?! I certainly didn’t intend to take a five month blogging hiatus, it just kinda happened. To be perfectly honest I think I feel into the same trap many bloggers fall into, I became disillusioned. Bigger and better blogs began popping up in my home city of Newcastle and I felt there was no longer room for my little Katiecakes. Then I snapped back and thought screw it! I’m reclaiming my corner of the internet and promise never to neglect it, or you again… that is if I still have any readers.
Halloween is almost upon us and what better way to get back into this blogging business than with a kick ass autumnal brownie adaption. Sticking with my trusty brownie base I added a spiced pumpkin cheesecake layer studded with crunchy chopped pecans. I present to you, the majestic Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Brownies.Print
- 150g full fat cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 200g caster sugar
- 220g canned pumpkin
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- handful of chopped pecans
- 250g good quality plain chocolate (70% solids are best)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 350g light brown sugar
- 5 large free range eggs
- 150g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 13″ by 9″ brownie pan with baking paper or do what I do and use a disposable foil tray!
- First make your cheesecake layer. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment whisk together the cream cheese, sugar and egg. Once the cheesecake is thick and creamy add the canned pumpkin, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk again and set aside while you make your brownies.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring constantly to prevent the mixture catching. Once the mixture is fully combined and smooth take the pan off the heat and add the sugar, mixing with a large balloon whisk. Once sugar is combined whisk the eggs together in a large bowl and add to the brownie mixture, mixing till smooth.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture on top and swirl together with a knife. Pour the remaining brownie batter into the pan and top with more spoonfuls of cheesecake, swirling together when finished. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the brownies are set with a slight wobble in the center.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: Brownies