What better way to surprise your love on Valentines Day than with breakfast in bed. I’m not just talking cereal and orange juice, don’t even think about it. I’m talking super tasty french toast stuffed to the brim with Nutella and strawberries. This Nutella stuffed French toast is the breakfast of kings, the brownie points you’ll receive for this bad ass meal will keep you out of trouble for weeks!Print
- 2 large eggs
- 50ml milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large slices of bread, preferably brioche
- knob of butter
- Handful of strawberries, sliced
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- In a small bowl mix together the milk, eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Set aside. Heat a large knob of butter in a large frying pan while you prepare your toast.
- Spread two slices of bread with a thick slathering of Nutella and sandwich together with the plain slices. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture, one by one ensuring each side is soaked in the egg mixture. Transfer the sandwiches into the hot frying pan and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and scatter with the sliced strawberries before dusting with icing sugar. Best served in bed with a mug of tea and a big kiss.