Since Christmas I’ve been leaving a little trail of nudges and hints leading towards my Birthday. I’ve been both subtle and even a little obvious in my mission but it worked. When my months of hints were finally recognised I, at long last, found myself the owner of the amazing ice cream attachment for my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. I was half expecting the weather to be a little more cheerful in this, the month of May but sadly the rain has kept the sunshine away. Despite it not really being quite the weather for ice cream I just couldn’t wait to give my new toy a whirl.
Since Kris is the major sweet tooth in our home I let him pick the the flavour of the maiden batch, surprisingly he chose chocolate and salted peanut butter. By the size of the bowl he devoured I can hand on heart say this this is a great recipe. Much more chocolatey than store bought ice creams and when you hit a nugget of peanut butter you’re in heaven!Print
- 300ml whole milk
- 200g sugar
- 75g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons corn flour
- 60ml double cream
- 150g plain chocolate chips
- 100g smooth salted peanut butter
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the whole milk, sugar, cocoa powder, corn flour and salt. Heat until the milk start to steam, but before it starts to boil. Boil until thickened slightly. Remove from the heat.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the double cream until boiling, remove from the heat and stir through the chocolate chips till melted and smooth. Stir the cream and chocolate mixture into the cooling chocolate ice cream base. Place in a bowl, covered with plastic wrap or a lid, and put in the fridge until cool.
- Once cool, follow the manufacturers instructions on the ice cream maker to churn ice cream. Once the mixture has chilled and thickened in the ice cream maker, slowly drizzle in half the peanut butter. Don’t over mix. You want a nice ribbon of peanut butter running through the ice cream.
- Transfer the ice cream into a freezer safe container and fold in the remaining peanut butter. Cover and freeze until solid.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: –
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Ice Cream