Hi, my name is Katie and I’m a Mexican food addict! I’m not ashamed to admit it, I think Mexican food is the bees knees! Upon hearing this confession you’d probably expect me to tell you I whip up huge feasts of burritos, enchiladas and crème caramel all washed down with a margarita or two, frequently. Well, I’m sorry to say it’s just not true! I never really had the time to throw myself into the mouth watering, slow cooked dishes I’ve come to love. Often recipes instruct you to pop a shoulder of pork in the oven and leave it there for 8 hours. Well, I don’t know about you but I’m a bit of an ants in the pants Annie! Tell me I have to stay put and watch pork roast for 8 hours and I’ll want nothing more than to run through the fields chasing butterflies. Screw the pig, I want to frolic! How did I rectify this conundrum I hear you ask? Easy, I bought a slow cooker!
Best investment ever! I really can’t recommend these little contraptions enough. I always thought slow cookers were for mams and stews, I was so wrong. Plus, if you get a slow cooker, you can make this totally kick ass chipotle chicken. I’d do it if I were you!Print
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, diced finely
- 2 chipotle chillies in adobo sauce chopped
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tbsp sweet paprika
- 1tbsp chilli flakes
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes with chillies
- 2tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients, apart from the chicken, into your slow cooker. Stir until smooth. Add the chicken and stir again to cover. Place lid onto your slow cooker, turn to low and cook for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove the chicken from the sauce and shred the meat with two forks. Add shredded meat to the sauce, stir until coated and serve with homemade guacamole, soft tacos and crumbled feta cheese!
- This recipe is so versatile, you could use it to make enchiladas, fajitas, burritos, quesadillas or even just slapped in a floury bread bun. You won’t be sorry!