Afternoon Tea: The Ritz

During my recent trip to London I was lucky enough to be treated to tea at The Ritz by my dear mum and dad.  Knowing my love for the wonderful British pastime of afternoon tea you can guess how elated I was!  Taking tea and champagne in a gold and pink gilded hall, I mean what more can a girl wish for?

I’m ashamed to say the cake plate was replenished more than once.

I had three of these!

If you are visiting London in the near or far future, I can’t recommend this experience enough. Attentive staff, beautiful surroundings and a pianist playing your requested music.

Bliss!

1. Becky
    December 12, 2010 / 3:01 pm

It really looks wonderful. Though last month me and my husband were turned away from The Ritz because he was wearing jeans. It was his birthday though! How very dare they ;D

December 12, 2010 / 3:08 pm

Ahh yes, you have to be suited and booted :p I hear they have a box of ties for gents daring to enter without their own! I bet they have some corkers in there.Katie xox

3. Sarah-Jane - SiliconeMoulds.com
    December 12, 2010 / 5:05 pm

blimey – that does sound like a good afternoon out. That pretty red semi-sphere cake looks very "interesting". Must have been very tasty too if you managed three đŸ™‚

December 12, 2010 / 5:15 pm

It certainly was Sarah! I'm determined to find out its name and give them a go at home!Oh, I got those molds you sent when I returned home yesterday. Shall be having a play with them this week :)Katie xox

5. daisychain
    December 12, 2010 / 6:54 pm

Oh wow. I'd LOVE to take my Mum for tea there one day. Best get saving!

6. Jane Ko
    December 12, 2010 / 11:17 pm

What are those red cakes? They look beautiful!

7. Chele
    December 13, 2010 / 8:34 am

Oh you are a lucky girl! What a great treat. Love that Christmas tree too ;0)

December 13, 2010 / 1:10 pm

Those photos are just lovely! I've been meaning to go to The Ritz for quite some time. You've just reminded me to take my Mum! Lovely blog đŸ™‚ xo

9. Hilary
    December 13, 2010 / 3:35 pm

I love tea at The Ritz. What fun!!

10. K
    December 13, 2010 / 9:31 pm

Wow how lovely! I just came back from London today actually – didn't go to the Ritz but found a gorgeous patisserie where I had probably the best cream cake I have ever tasted!

11. Cheryl
    December 13, 2010 / 10:52 pm

Oh I'm so jealous! How far in advance did you have to book?? x

December 13, 2010 / 10:53 pm

I booked about a month in advance! So worth it though, it was delightful :)Katie xox

13. Cheryl
    December 14, 2010 / 12:26 am

Oh how lovely, I will have to book! I heard that they come round to top you up with champagne and if your the last sitting and there's champers left over you get loads of top ups!!!! x

14. Les rĂªves d'une boulangère (Brittany)
    December 14, 2010 / 10:48 am

That looks so classy and beautiful! I love their Christmas decorations too.

March 15, 2011 / 1:14 am

Katie, do you recall what flavor the red pastry was? It looks so pretty. I'm researching for a scene in a book and your blog and photos are a great resource. Do you think the red one was a special holiday item or year round? Thanks so much!

March 15, 2011 / 9:22 am

Hi Emlynley,I believe it was an all year rounder, my dad was telling me it was his fave! It was a raspberry with a vanilla sponge cake in the middle :)Katie xox