Snickerdoodles :))

I’ve always wondered why snickerdoodles are called snickerdoodles. They’re nothing like a good old Snickers and I feel they’re too big to justify the name doodle. Regardless, these little gems are up there in my very favorite cookies. But, I’m a horrible cinnamon addict so I’m bias. Come the winter months a spoon full of cinnamon will be ending up in every single cake I make. I just can’t stop myself!

Now, first of all I have to say that these snickerdoodles are the very best I’ve ever tasted. So soft and gooey, it’s a melt in the mouth extravaganza! Thank you so much, Spike for choosing Snickerdoodles! Such a giant winner!! The one problem I have with this recipe is the fact it yields 3 dozen cookies, 3 DOZEN! Who’s going to eat all of these lovely biccies I ask you? Me, that’s who!! Better add another 10 minutes to my daily Wii Fit regime.

Now, if you excuse me my snickerdoodles and I are off to picnic in the countryside.

Don’t forget to check out the other bakers, I doubt any of them would miss such a delicious Treat!

1. Sarah
    August 9, 2009 / 3:43 pm

Your snickerdoodles are lovely – as is that lacy plate you have them on! I looked them up on wikipedia.org, and the name is of unknown origin (though there are a couple of theories). Regardless, I find "snickerdoodle" really fun to say – and eat.

2. spike.
    August 9, 2009 / 3:44 pm

snickerdoodles are perfect for a picnic! I'm a cinnamon addict too. Thanks for baking with me.

3. Ingrid
    August 9, 2009 / 4:37 pm

You know what's EVEN BETTER than snickerdoodle cookies? Snickerdoodle BLONDIES! Even more cinnamony and ooey gooey goodness! ~ingrid

August 10, 2009 / 11:08 am

I was introduced to snickerdoodles this year and in turn fed them to many happy people lol Yours look delicious! πŸ˜€

August 10, 2009 / 1:05 pm

Hi Katie!I love that picture with your delicious looking (and tasting) cookies tied up with a precious ribbon and sitting on that beautiful plate. It almost looks like lace- I've never seen anything like it. Is it an antique?Every time I read one of your posts I realize we have something else in common. I'm a cinnamon addict too, and during the winter months there is nothing more comforting than the warm spice in a baked good. But I'll still take cinnamon-sugar coated cookies in the summertime as well!Hope to hear from you again soon!-Joy

6. Melissa
    August 10, 2009 / 2:29 pm

Maybe you should freeze some? Lol! I have 3 kids and a husband here that eat all of my baked goodies, so 3 dozen is not a problem for me! Your cookies look great and I love your plate. πŸ˜‰

7. Rosy
    August 10, 2009 / 4:05 pm

I've seen snickerdoodles on other (US) sites and they're about as confusing to me as the coffee cakes they have listed but that contain no coffee…. They look delicious though – will definitely be trying them soon! Rosy x

August 10, 2009 / 4:06 pm

Your snickerdoodles look great! I think I made mine smaller than suggested because I got 4 dozen!

9. oneordinaryday
    August 10, 2009 / 7:06 pm

Pretty presentation. Love the ribbon!

10. Alberta-girl
    August 10, 2009 / 8:08 pm

I am new to this site. Where can I get this receipe?

11. Kristen - Dine & Dish
    August 10, 2009 / 8:51 pm

Snickerdoodles are my favorite. Have you tried Snickerdoodle bars or Snickerdoodle muffins? YUM!I wonder which came first… the snickerdoodle cookie or the Snickers candy bar. Hmmmmm…

12. Jennifer
    August 11, 2009 / 2:34 am

I love snickerdoodles too! Im so glas we made them this week πŸ™‚ yours look SOOO good, I love the presentation!

August 11, 2009 / 5:12 am

I hope you and your snickerdoodles had fun at the picnic, they look lovely! I love cinnamon too, always heavy-handed with the measurements!

August 11, 2009 / 8:14 am

Joy – Yeah, the plate is antique. My boyfriends mum picked it up at an antique fair for me, I love it :)Alberta Girl – You can get the recipe from the Sweet Melissa Sunday Baking Book or by clicking on the name Spike in my post.Katie xox

15. Katie
    August 11, 2009 / 8:22 am

I always wonder about the name too but can't resist them. Yours look so good, I'm craving some now

16. The Whimsical Cupcake
    August 11, 2009 / 8:06 pm

your cookies look delish!! and i just love the ribbon idea. i always wonder how to dress up my cookies for a shot. you have given me inspiration! πŸ™‚

17. Nicisme
    August 12, 2009 / 9:19 pm

I've never made them, but keep meanng to, they look divine!

18. Mariaβ™₯
    August 13, 2009 / 9:46 am

I love Snickerdoodles and love making them. Yours turned out great!Mariax

19. Rose
    August 29, 2009 / 1:40 am

Hi Katie, ive just come across your blog. You have some real yummy looking recipes on your blog, making me hungry. Ive always wanted to try a snickerdoodle cookie!Rose

20. J+S
    August 30, 2009 / 2:04 pm

I just came across your blog, via Head of the Table. Do you mind if I re-post the cookie idea and give you credit? So so so cute! What a fun blog you have. I can't wait to go through your archives!

21. Transatlanticism
    October 11, 2009 / 1:13 pm

snickerdoodles are pretty grand :). Can't tell from the photo if you did this already, but as a fellow lover of cinnamon, what is also nice to do before you bake them is to drop each dough 'ball' into a mixture of sugar and cinnamon so it coats the top and then put it on the baking tray πŸ™‚ adds a really nice crusty top to it, and MORE cinnamon!!!